Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 22

Day 22

Weight: 62.5kgs

kms a day: 38.82

total Kms up to date: 599.22

total Kms to go: 3,716.78

I feel fresh and fit. A day off really helped. A night without the muscle pain. When I spoke to Petr ( my ex-husband who scootered from Wilson Prom to Cape York) he said that the hardest bit is first 1000 kms. Let's see if my body will adjust to this everyday exercise.

It is my first day when I do not force myself to it. As a matter of fact I am looking forward to be left on my own. To enjoy the nature to be with my thought. I am preparing fast. I can't wait to bethere..

And I am happy. We are going to see George. Peter agrees with my idea to surprise him. I know he will be happy and it makes me happy and excited. I can not wait to see his happy eyes when he sees us back.
I am pushing my scooter toward the Ayer. The lake with white water lilies lines road. Peter is waiting there for me to film it. It is done and he is heading forward to do some shopping in Ayer. When we will continue backwards back to Giru. It is only 37 kms from Ayr.
What would people think if they see me travelling up north instead of south. Oh Gosh... why do I even think that. Who is the one who is setting up the "rules" here. I am the one! I still do my daily limit and why should anyone care if I do it either way . This bother really bothers me. Why do I get the thought of what people "can" think on my mind. Do I still have to learn not to pay attention to what people say. I know what is the most important. Not to betray myself, to do what is right, feel the joy and happiness in my heart . And I do. I know that I will make someone happy tonight. And it is what matters!
You who reads this my lines please do not think that I am a generous person. I get too much of it. I feel happy I feel joy    !! You can not buy it. My time is not wasted on this journey if I go to visit this 73 years old gentleman
Peter finished his shopping in Ayer. I need to stop at the post office to send USB with our short film for video clips. I am directing my scooter back toward Townsville. It is another 22 kms to fulfil my limit for a day.
The car is pulling off the road and I have to overtake it. Opssss..... there is a snake just run over - still alive. I am watching his last moments from a "serious" distance .It is sad to see him dying – life and death of this deadly "creature".
"I did not run him over" – I hear behind my back. The young gentleman gets off the company vehicle. "It is a brown snake" . The snake stop moving , he is dead now. The young bloke grabs him ( I would not). I am quickly taking some pictures. His deadly teeth are shown as a young man takes a screwdriver to show them. That's where you get the poison from I think. He can not hurt us any more ... or can he??
I see a lot of snakes on the road. Some are dead and some are alive. I always keep a respectful distance from them but you never know. Peter keeps reminding me to be careful I guess I am...I have not run anyone over yet. I hope I spot them first. I do not want to hurt and I do not want to get hurt. Will this balance work for me??
Nearly in GIRU. The last so familiar kilometres. It feels I am scootering back home. I did ring George in the morning to announce our visit. You do not want to shock him after his 2 heart attacks
He can't wait to see us. The ringing mobile displayed his name. " Where are you"??. " I do not have much to go, George but I still need to do my scootering of the day". "all right I will wait then...
Yes, He is happy and so am I. He is right – you can never substitute this happiness for material things. $ 2 coin is exchanged for a hot shower in the Giru international hotel and here we are - nice a fresh again. All ready for a dinner. They cook excellent in this pub. Time to have a rest. Nearly 40 kms today, my feet start to complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment