Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 32 - August 1

Day 32 ( 1st August - Sunday ) Farleigh - Mackay

kms a day: 30.4

total Kms up to a day: 884.36

total Kms to go: 3,431.64

Thank you note goes to lady who allowed for our vehicle to be parked next to the campervan park in Mackay for free.

"Your cup of coffee is ready" Peter's morning surprise. Time?? 5.45. I wish I could sleep longer. I would not be saying anything. Who would spoil this gesture of his kindness ." How can you sleep when the birds are so loud ". .."because I have my ear plugs" I am answering reluctantly. It is useless to try to sleep any longer. I am clumsily getting of my bed.

Mosquitoes bites from last night start itching as soon as I sit in my camping chair. Even my face was not spare from them. Hmm...Sunday morning I only wish I could sleep longer today.
I sit on the beach for an hour. The sun is rising. Beautiful morning - no doubt. It is only my ego doubting me this morning , doubting my trip and myself. Do we need to use this confrontation tone right now? But my ego would be persistent. Why are you on this journey ? How much money did you raise by now ? Is it worth your effort. I want to escape all these question but there is nowhere to go.

Peter keeps quiet – he can clearly see I am not very good companion this morning. I will quickly prepare myself and I push my scooter go...
I am fighting every kilometre today as well as my ego – and I won. 5 hours of scootering is over and I feel good again. I know why I am on the road - I want to help - I know it ,I feel it and I believe in it.

I speak to my sister over the phone. " Should we stay in Mackay or continue to Sarina?" It 's the question I would ask. The media in Mackay are not available today. The decision must be made." It is easy" she says. If you do this journey for yourself continue ahead if you do it for kids stay and approach to TV and newspaper tomorrow.
I feel confident to be interviewed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment