Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 45 ( 14 August )

Day 45 ( 14 August ) Rock Hampton - Bajool

kms a day: 28.1

total Kms up to a day: 1,257.57

total Kms to go: 3,058.43

media: WIN Television

The quiet time is over. Peter and I talk again. It feels good. There is stuff we have to do before we leave camp in Rockhampton. I also want to stop at Win Television to ask if they would be interested in an interview.

I do a bit of "office work" on my computer while Peter is repairing flat tyre. We are running out of the time. We are advised that checked out time is 10 o'clock but we are allowed to finish packing and repair.

The WinTelevision building is on our way and I still want to give it a chance for an interview. The only person I can talk today seem to be a gentleman who does cleaning there. But he would call someone from production who is on duty there. The business card is handed to me and I am advised to ring on Monday. Monday – I would be in Gladston by then.

The scenery is beautiful I would be stopping time to time to absorb it. It is late afternoon and sun creates beautiful colour above the mountain-range. I have a good and smooth ride today. 3 police cars are passing me by followed by the Win Television car. Something must be happening in Gladstone is my first thought.

Bajool – the destination for the day – 28.1 kms on my new speedometer. Peter is waiting with the camera and he is filming me as I get closer. We should have filmed the beauty of those mountains not this road –that's what I get as a first thought. All he wants is to let me know that we have an appointment with Win Television – the cameraman is coming back at 5 o'clock for an interview. We did get a tip to stay under the bridge close to the railway and a spiritless little town – Bajool. This town is only to be visited if you have never experienced a ghost town.

Kent from Win Television is coming slightly after 5 o'clock. Our conversation is interrupted by coming train. Yes, they were very busy yesterday - Friday 13th. He is reporting on all the local news. We do not need to read the paper tomorrow::))
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment