Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 37 ( 6 August )

Day 37 ( 6 August) Clairview – St. Lawrence

kms a day: 32.5

total Kms up to a day: 1019.57

total Kms to go: 3,296.43

Thank you note: Thank you June for walking with me around the campervan village in St. Lawrence to spread the words about my journey. Thank you everyone for your donation in St. Lawrence campervan village and the pub

" I have a bad and a good news for you " were Brendon last words when I was leaving Armstrong beach two ( or three??) days ago. I asked him to tell me a bad news first. "Well the wind would l be blowing against you for another 200 kms. The motorway is an open area – no trees. "O.K. tell me a good one then" I would ask." Good one is that after 200 kms wind might ease up a little bit....I do recall his words today while pushing the scooter from Clarview to St. Lawrence today. The wind is very strong indeed.
media interest today ?? - none – but the dead snake findings – one. I am amusing my mind with this slogan for a little while. Bad smell of half rotten brown snake spreads around the area. It was a good size one too.
I am reaching my 1000 kms. Peter is waiting with the camera to film it. Wow. 1000 kms behind me. How did I manage I do not know. But it is here on my speedometer. ...well... speedometer is gone... I lost it . After we captured the moment for the camera I would be scootering back to look for lost speedometer. It is not to be found.I am a bit upset for a little while. It is gone.. its gone I better accept it now. I record my milage every day there is no drama!
If you are on your journey through north Queensland and you like westerns movies do not miss a little village St. Lawrnace. We are suck in that atmosphere as soon as we park our car.
A lady is coming to talk to us. "I saw you on the road" she goes. "I will come with you around the camp. Lets let everyone to know why you are everyday on the road". And she does "Can you spare a dollar?" she is asking everyone around. Yes, they can.
I did let June to do all talking as I was a bit shy. But time feels right for me to ask you now.
Can you spare a dollar?

No comments:

Post a Comment