Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 48 ( 17 August )

Day 48 (17 August) Boyne Islands – Tannum Sands – Gladstone area – Boyne Islands

kms a day: 41

total Kms up to a day: 1,235.77

total Kms to go: 2,980.23

Did you know ..... were the last words of my boss at our meetings. It seems like a long time.... a history.... the office.... yes, I am thinking about my work today. I realized that it is not comparable to do training after all day sitting in the office with actually being on the road doing 30-40 kms a day. Now I would feel every muscle of my body the training was a breeze then.....

Did you know that the Gladstone region is home to Australia's most northerly surf beaches and the southern access to the Great Barrier Reef. This information is written in the booklet I received at the information centre in Tannum Sands from a very nice lady who was so excited when she found out that I came originally from the Czech republic. But Gladstone is apparently also the city where residents fear their health – the rate of chronic lymphoid leukaemia was 108 per cent higher than the average in recent years – that's what I learn from the local newspaper

I would be thinking of my sister today. She is in the hospital .... time of the surgery?? – right now. My thoughts of love and healing energy would be with her until I hear that she is all right. I would be pushing my scooter today thinking how much I love her, wishing her quick recovery. She is not only my sister, she is also my very best friend. .

I am arriving to the community centre in Tannum Sands – Marjorie is the lady servicing the counter and we become friends immediately. Her son taught English in the Czech republic She spent some time there... with Czech people... in the community and she is all excited about it, about generosity of Czech people ... and it pleases my heart. I am so glad she had only good experience there – in the country I also so much love.
Before I leave the centre Marjorie is handing out small coin donation. Thank you for that!

One o'clock and I have not heard from my sister yet. I am leaving her a short message – she rings back in 10 minutes. She sounds very groggy but what matters is that she is all right.
Now I am scootering and my spirit rises up – I have a great family and I am realizing that I experience something ...for both my homes... for country I used to live and the country I live now.. I would call spiritual love.

No comments:

Post a Comment