Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 46 ( 15 August )

Day 46 (15 August) Bajool – Mount Larcom

kms a day: 37.2

total Kms up to a day: 1,294.77

total Kms to go: 3,021.23

Weather report – very sunny day. I should have been on the road by now but we have a fun with Peter waiving at every passing train and we also want to film it. As soon as we take the video camera from the case it is quiet – no train. I am on duty to waive at Peter. He would start the video camera as soon as I see the train on the horizon. I have something to tell him and... the train is already passing by. Too late to film it.

It's nearly mid-day when I am putting my feet on the ground for my today's first push. I should have taken more water today but it's too late. Peter is already somewhere ahead waiting for me. I am already sweating and there is still at least 30 kms ahead me. I am covering my face with a handkerchief to prevent a sunburn. My cheeks get already red.

Oh no - again? The magpie is looking at me from the tree. The bird is ready to attack. Yes here it goes. And it would not stop. I am waiving my hands above my head to keep the bird away. The fear of horror gets into my eyes. I must have entered its territory. I am quickly taking of my helmet – maybe it's the helmet colour what irritates the bird. No its not. I move – the bird flies against me like an air-fighter. Go, go, go away – I am yelling at it. I am managing to put the helmet on again and I am taking off as faster as I can. I can see the shade of the bird behind me – it pecks me strongly into my helmet and then it leaves me alone.

I am arriving at Mount Larcom late afternoon. I am getting a headache . I need a shower and the rest. It was really enough for today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment