Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 51 ( 20 August )

Day 51 (20 August) Rosedale – Flagstone Creek

kms a day: 32.97

total Kms up to a day: 1,440.07

total Kms to go: 2,875.86

media: News Mail Bundaberg

I am scootering through the forest. It is so pleasant - it protects my face from the sun. I am again with my thoughts by now. The birds keep me company. They want to sing me songs it makes me happy it makes me feeling so good. The magpies do not attack me today. I decided that I let my fear of their attacks go. They can not harm me anyway I have a helmet and sunglasses always on. Did I overcome another of my fear – it sounds funny – fearing birds – but I did fear them– and I guess it is still not fully gone....

There is a farm on the other side of the road. I am stopping there to buy some tomatoes. The gentleman is questioning me. He saw me on TV. He knows why I am pushing my scooter. You do not have any sign on how people would know about you. I am taking my bag off turning around showing him my logo – "yes but you have it covered"! "Well, that's what I hope for TV and newspaper to help me with – letting people know"

" Have those tomatoes as a donation" he says. "How much do you charge for it – I put that amount in the donation box" I politely ask. "100 dollars" he says and he laughs – "you've got me" I unswear also laughing. "You better hurry up to make it to the town soon. The deadline is early afternoon" and he is advising me on what media I should contact.
The car pulls aside the road. Is is him – the farmer ?? Yes it is. "I would not normally do it but I drive you to the town". " You want to let people know about your mission"? "Hop in the car and I take you there, you do not have much time if you want to be on tonight news". It was very kind of this gentleman but my support vehicle was not very far away.
Now. I start panicking and my mind is in turmoil. What shall I do. I need to let people know but according to my "plan" I should arrive to Bundaberg tomorrow and I am not too sure If I can contact TV stations. What is the right decision? What shall I do??

Yes I did end up in Bundaberg this afternoon and I have been interviewed by the newspaper there but the article would not be published until next week. There is always decision to be made, there are always different choices we have. Which one is right and which one is wrong? I only know that I learnt a lesson Sometime my mind must be strong enough, sometime it does not help to rush things up ...

I do not feel very well emotionally and also physically tonight. I feel weak and dizzy my heart pulsates very fast . Something irritates my skin. Oh no – 2 very little ticks. They are removed and I am slowly entering into very deep sleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment