Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 26

Day 26 Bowen –Dingo beach - Hydeaway bay – Dryander National Park

weight: 62 kgs

kms a day: 33.85

total kms up to date: 742.5

total kms to go: 3,573.5

Thank you note: Thank you note goes to Lyn from the information centre on Bruce highway for her $ 5 donation and also displaying my leaflet in the info centre and Diane from Victoria/Gippsland for her $ 10 donation.

It is time to move to another place. 10 o'clock - time to go. 10 o'clock. Peter gets nervous. " You should have been on the road by now"!! One more e-mail and I will go. I like to see him smiling and happy in the morning not grumpy. I do not want to spoil the atmosphere. I quickly pack computer to prepare for a ride.

He is a great person ( Peter) I am thinking while I push my scooter. Who would be able to take up so many tasks for this trip as he has? In his age!!! He cooks, packs and unpacks all our stuff anytime we anchor in a new spot. Filming and photos are also on his agenda..... I have to show him that I appreciate him ..

Wind blows against me. Nothing new. Does anyone understand the wind?? Why is it blowing against me always!!! There are time it feels that no matter how much strength I am putting in my pushes I am not moving from one spot. I am flowing slowly through. I have 37 kms on the agenda for today. I do not think I am able to make it... not after yesterdays 40 kms. Never mind I will catch up another day..

The channel 7 and Win TV cars are passing by. Oh, dear there are not here for you. It must be something interesting happening in Proserpine gets through my mind.

Peter is picking me up on my 34th kilometer. I have enough. The wind is so strong that I can not push myself any more. My body gets stronger. I feel my thighs and butt muscles developing, becoming very firm.

I nest myself in car taking off my helmet. "What are you doing" I scream at Peter. Peter pulls off the road faster then I expect. I had enough scooting for the day why is he stopping briskly gets through my mind. "we are stopped by the police" . Police... why police... my mind is panicking..
"Where is your scooter rider"! - The female voice queries . "Next to me" answers politely Peter. Now I can see the police lady. It is a look of the surprise I get "you do not look like a 10 years old boy" ?!she says ." We were reported of a young boy scootering the road"." You do not look like him". "Have you seen anyone of that "description." "No I have not". More questions are to come.
"What time had you been on the road since" " 10 o 'clock and I am riding a bike like scooter not a children toy". I am quickly adding. Peter hops off the car to open the door to show the scooter. The police lady seems to be satisfied. "Is it how you dress when scootering?? Yes, plus this safety vest and the helmet". I just took it off. It still sits next to me. I quickly grab it to prove my words.

She is smiling now. " it is fine, no drama" she goes. What a relief. My respect for authority must be transparent . It is Peter's turn now. He quickly grabs the leaflet to hand it over to the police lady before she is gone.
The sign announces the Dingo beach time to explore more of Australia. We turn left - a good decision. Dingo beach is the most interesting place I have seen on this trip. I wish we were permitted to stay. Small pub and a spooky beach. I wish we could stay overnight. Not without paying 1500 fine. We move to next one we are permitted to stay. I feel so privileged to be in the nature again.

No comments:

Post a Comment