Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 25

Day 25 around Bowen - Proserpine

weight: 62 kgs

kms a day: 39.54

kms up to date: 708.65

kms to go: 3,607.35

Thank you note: Thank you note goes to Peter Mobbison from hardware store in Bowan who donated $ 5 and ladies at the information centre for their $ 5 note and coins donation and for placing my leaflet in the information centre.

I am f. stuck here who is f....... going to help me. If you were f.... in my position ...... I can not believe it is still dark and the gentleman on the street outside the camp is having this long and loud telephone "conversation". It is my first night when I did not need to take any painkiller and was peacefully asleep until now. A man is on the phone for another at least 20 minutes. I can not get back to sleep. Every 3rd word is f... word. I am thinking of a "gentleman's" words for a while. The wave of anger and frustration follows his words. One person told me recently that f .... word is just a word meaning nothing. Does it?? I think. What about words of joy and love.... it certainly means something to me. I am here on this journey to learn to understand the zest of life. To experience joy and freedom to tap into unconditional love....

Morning goes as usual except for Peter being on his legs already preparing a cuppa. I feel good as a matter of fact a beam of joy comes to me. The grace is entering into my heart. I want to share it. I go and hug Peter. He says nothing my gesture made him a bit surprised but it is a happy morning for him too. He does not need to pack all our stuff. We will be staying one more night and he can do his so loved cooking that he is so passion about.
I get ready for my scootering. The French couple and their daughter are packing . They are holidaying here. Peter is advising them how to spot Southern Cross. " it is simple to spot it" he says "you can not leave Australia without seeing it".
The daughter gets our expedition T-shirt. She puts it on and we take a picture. Peter gets the video camera but it takes a minute to put it on, the natural atmosphere is gone so he switches it off.
I am waiving our French neighbour goodbye from my scooter. I am on the road again and my mind is searching the memories. The time I went hitchhiking through the France. What an experience it was. Sleeping in the open air. Experiencing a heavy thunderstorm with no were to hide. Working hard in the grape's farm. I can not count how many great people we met on the road then.
... and here I am back on the road..... with a hope to experience the glory of life....

If you want to feel like you are in a western movie visit Bowan town. I am scootering through the town. It seems that time stopped here. It is very quiet. I am "expecting" two cowboys to ride horses through the town.
I am chatting with a man in the hardware store. I need to buy a money can for small donation when I get on the road. He is handing $ 5 note donation to me.' Thank you Peter. Every dollar counts. We can make this world a better place' I go.

The main road gets me to a information centre. " May I ask you to put up my leaflet about my journey" I ask the lady in a little window. With a hesitation she reads the leaflet. Yes, of course I will put it up she goes. You are brave! "Do you really scoot on this??" Yes I do I laugh. "It must be hard" she continues.... Yes it is... I answer..... It was easy to day when I was planning it now it is not as such.... I answer ... laughing again.... both ladies in a little Info centre are giving me donation. Money goes directly into donation box.
I am taking a ride around Bowan searching for beaches. Always beautiful , always a bit different to other places. Where will we be tomorrow I think.
Australia, Hollywood in Bowen, Bowen become Darwin are the big signs on the esplanade. What on earth is this.... how can someone associate Hollywood with Bowan.. Yes, it looks like the Wild West but what does it have to do with Hollywood?... I get closer.... Aha.... Now I get it. The film Australia was filmed here. 3 big signes are giving me more details. This little town played Darwin in second world war. I have not seen this movie. It is time I do.
Time to scoot back. I have nearly 40 kms on my speedometer. I am tired and I need a shower . It was sunny the most of the day and I really did get sweaty today....

No comments:

Post a Comment