Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 30

Day 30 - Mount Ossa – Kuttabul - Seaforth

weight: ?? new scale was not bought yet

kms a day: 41.3

total Kms up to a day: 820.80

total Kms to go: 3,495.20

I am back on the road after 2 days off. The first " thing" I am seeing is a dead snake. It must be there for a long time. Only the skin is what remains - firmly pressed against the surface. Frogs of the same sort would then follow.

I would have a good run today. Time off helped a lot. The body ache is gone at least for now. That's only " laziness " I must to overcome. I might to scoot even more that is my "plan".

The lady on the billboard is announcing that " to journey the world brings you to your destination" I hope so, I hope so.... is my fist thought.
The road is unusually quiet. My pray to have a smooth run must have been heard. A fancy old and coloured car is passing by " go with the flow" that's what is written on the car. Is that a message from the universe? I wish to joint....

The thoughts are overtaking slowly. It is always something to think about. Emotions to be check from every corner. I am breaking firmly but relieved . It was not a snake I ran over. Just a black strip of the tyre. Get your mind back and concentrate ...yes .. you "day dreamer" is what my inner voice would advise.

Hello" "how are you" I am yelling through the traffic to the man on his bike on the other side the road. He is up to have a chat. The traffic is back to normal by now. I would wait to cross the road. Greg is travelling on his bike from Perth. Proserpine is his destination for tonight.It must be at least another 90 kms to go. He is a champion in my eyes. Pushing his bike pack with all the stuff he needs. 4999 kms is on his speedometer from Melbourne up to here. And it is not his first run around Australia. What is mine 30-40 kms in comparison to that? I like his two mascot attached to the handlebar. We take the picture of each other and its time to go.

I am taking a left turn of the main road. This road is narrow. I would jump aside the road with every bigger car passing me by . Seaforth is the place we are heading to . It is apparently another beauty of Australia. It is not going to be missed. Especially after our longer stay in "the city" ( the previous place)...

No comments:

Post a Comment