Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 49 ( 18 August )

Day 49 (18 August) Tannum Sands – Benaraby - Bororen

kms a day: 32.9

total Kms up to a day: 1,368.67

total Kms to go: 2,947.33

Before I hop on the scooter today we will do a bit of filming. We drive back to Gladstone –the factories and plants are in real contrast with the beaches around like a beast and a beauty from the fairytale. We were running away from this city the other day – we felt that a mood of depression was trying to catch us on every kilometre until we were enough far away.
All done and I am already on the road. 4 police cars are lined aside the road. 8 pairs of eyes are watching me as I am scootering along. I do not see much of friendliness that's why I am not waiving hello, glad leaving them behind.
Many names are written on the crosses around Gladstone on the roads. The sign of alcohol and drug abuse explains why there are many bunches of fresh cut flowers leied along these narrow roads. Yes, it is sad and a bit dangerous run today.
I do not feel a spirit of creativity around here and that must be why Peter and I had a disagreement on filming the other night. It is simply not here , it is not what provides this town and surrounding of this city.
The heaviness in the atmosphere is vanishing later on. The mountain-range is on the horizon and the vastness and beauty of this country lifts my spirit up again. I start feeling a touch of freedom but I know it is still not mine.
And here I am arriving to a little town Bororan – Peter is waiting already in a little friendly pub – the soda water mixed with the tonic is my reward for scootering in this hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment