Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 42 ( 11 August )

Day 42 (11 August) Rockhampton - Yeppoon

kms a day: 36

total Kms up to a day: 1188.27

total Kms to go: 3,127.73

I wake up at 4 o'clock . The rain has not stop yet. Is it what is waiting for me today? Well, If it is I better accept it. After all I am enjoying being dry and warm under the blanket - at least for now. I would be rapping both blankets tightly around me .

Yes it is time to hop on my scooter but I am reluctant to go. It's wet its reining and I did have a good sleep. Peter is urging me not to wonder around and hop on scooter. More he insists less eager I am. I would be doing all unimportant tasks now. I am acting like misbehaving little child. Yes it makes Peter upset a bit.

I would be stopping in information centre about 2 kms away before I make turn to Yeppoon town to inquire media contacts. I have a bit of thinking time before I get there. Why did you behave like a stubborn child? Did you do it to Peter on a purpose ?? It is something I would have to myself ask. I am fully involved in my inner conversation and here I am at the info centre.

I am reading the leaflet placed on the wall in info centre while the gentleman behind the counter is looking up the phone book for TV and newspapers phone numbers. And this is what is written there!
Just for today
Don't be angry
Don't worry
Be grateful
Work hard
Be kind to others.....

Yes, Be kind be kind be kind – this goes in repetition by my inner voice and I am turning left - direction Yep.... Yeppoon.

"My God" its all I could say while running over the brown snake. I looked like a piece of wood from longer distance. I am pushing my scooter uphill to check on it. Yes- brown snake. This creature is looking at me and I am looking at him - of course from very respectful distance . It is not a big size – about 30 cms.. I have probably not ran him over. I saw him under the wheel but I must have just missed him.

Did I experience flat tyre today? Yes I did. It is on daily agenda now. I am pumping the tyre up. I need to make it to Yeppoon. Peter is waiting there for me.
We are stying in Yeppoon very close to the beautiful beach. I would recomend as a "must" to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment