Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 23

Day23 Giru – Ayer again

weight: 62.5kgs

kms a day: 35.72

total Kms up to date: 634.49

total Kms to go: 3,681.51

I can feel my yesterday's kms "portion" in my legs again. I wonder if my body will ever adjust into daily scootering. A day off helps a lot but after one day of scootering I am back into my ache. But maybe later on I will be fine. Anyway it is in human nature to overcome our limits and go further. They say if you think you are at the end of your strength you are just at the "middle".

My motivation is as "high" as my pain. I am challenging myself physically and mentally. The universe has thrown its "glove" (there are many beside the road) and I am "fighting" every single kilometre. At least for now.....
I do my writing today until 1 o'clock. If i do not capture the feelings and happenings of each day I can easily forget it. There is so much to think of , there is so much to release, there is so much to find about myself.
The phone rings. It is George "where are you??" He wants to tell me something . I pack my stuff quickly. It is time to say goodbye and start scootering. It is getting really late. I have never started that late.

"Hi George" I came to say goodbye. "I know but sit down I have something to tell you". The tears to pour on his cheeks like a tiny creek. I want to tell you that you inspired me. I want to tell you that I do not want to sit here doing nothing. I want to find my daughter and my son and see them at least once more in my life.
I am glad for you" I go. I have a father I have not seen for a long time. He was not too good to us but I still love him. There is also forgiveness and he was forgiven and I would be so happy if I hear from him at least once.

Now I think I understand why I was dragged back to Giru. I wanted to touch the freedom George understands. I want to know what it feels like , I want to pour it like a glass of Champaign and dance with it each night I look at stars. That's what George represents for me. Freedom. And if I also inspired him to see his children what else can I wish for. You never know they might be as I am waiting for his father to "turn up". Maybe the grandchildren want to see their grandpa?? Who knows. Maybe George would be a good grandfather. May be... who knows. If we do not try... we do not know and there would be only... who knows left with us...

I do not think there are accidents in our life. If anyone who reads this blog knows George Freeman please let me know. I would like to help him to find his daughter and son.
I did not manage to be on the road any earlier then after 1 o'clock. It gets harder, the wind is much stronger in the afternoon. I try to swim through but it is pushing me back. The road between Giru and Ayer is slightly uphill too. You can not see it from the car but when you are pushing each step you can feel it. NO question.

After my 16 kms I get really tired. I do not know if I will complete my limit today. The scooter I have chosen for the day is a new one much heavier that the old one. On my 19 kms I want to stop. The scooter gets heavier and heavier. I am tired and frustrated I want to throw it aside and hitchhike to Ayer. My right thigh muscle starts to playing up. I get sharp pain with my each push. I need to employ my left leg more thinking of leaving the right leg to relax but I am swapping legs regularly – it is too automatic.

You can do it. You can do it. You can do it. my inner voice goes in repetition. You can do it. Oh man still 15 kms ahead. I can do it I can do it... I am repeating loudly now...
I could do it and I did. Phone is ringing. Kayleen from Save the Children in Brisbane. I have nearly completed my task today. I try to sound enthusiastic even thought am tired. The Friday afternoon noise does not allow me to hear her properly... I will send you an e-mail were her last words.

Peter is picking me up on my 35,7 kms it is just a few more kilometres to Ayr. He has done his shopping and wants to tell me all about it. I am staring at him. I am tired I can not talk. He picks me up quickly. Get into the car and do not talk , Relax. "You look like it is your last minute" well that's how I feel too....
... I had a hard scoot today.... some days are hard some are easy.... but I did get rewarded.... a hot shower and an excellent meal peter knows I like....... and it's time to hop into my bed....

No comments:

Post a Comment