Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 27

Day27 Dryander National Park - Proserpine

weight: 62 kgs

kms a day: 37

total Kms up to Date: 779.5

total Kms to go: 3536.5

Thank you note: Thank you to Peter for servicing both scooters and for repairing the flat tyre

One cup, two cups and a third cup and I finally wake up. Only today and I have 2 days off. It keeps me going. I need to wait until my scooter is ready. The flat tyre needs to be fixed.
I scooter through the Hydeaway beach. The car stopped and a person comes to talks to me. I have to take the cotton plugs out of my ear to hear him. "Girl I know all about you"." You are scootering down to Melbourne". Yes I am. "Are you the first person to achieve this?" is his question. "No I am not. My ex-husband has done it 13 years ago. I might be the first female." " Go for it "girl". " I am with you". Are his last words. He sounds confident. I wish to share his confidence.

Before I scoot on main road I would do a ride on a Dingo beach to say good bye to this lovely place. I can not find it on the map we have but I am so glad we discovered such attractive area "lacking' tourist. Maybe not too good for local business but good for one's mind.

I continue my riding. The smell of death announces every dead animal on the road. There are a lot of them on this road. I am surprise to see several dead wild pigs. One of them seems to be burned.

A cow is behind the spike wire. How did she get there no idea? There does not seem to be any holes in it. It must be a young one. She runs ahead of me. I try to get around her but she is confused by coming cars. She would be running with me for a few kilometres. I have a friend on the road now.
It starts raining. The hills are covered with the misty clouds. It is a bit spooky. I like it, it would not look good if I took a picture but I take one for myself in my mind.

I feel good with every kilometre I manage today. It is incredible. When I do my counting for today I have nearly 800 kilometres behind me. I wonder how I managed. Will I manage another 3536.5 is a question I would ask...

No comments:

Post a Comment