Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 35 ( 4 August)

Day 35 ( 4 August) Koumala - Clairview

kms a day: 32

total kms up to a day: 987.07

total kms to go: 3,328.93

Thank you note: Thank you goes to our 2 neighbours in Koumala camp for their small donation and also thank you John for offering me the cream for burnt face.
Our friend from Melbourne arrived last night. He brought us a big cake. We can share not only our experience from our journey with people around this morning but also this "huge" cake.
Jerry travels up north and he waived us goodbye early morning. Peter minds the packing and I am hopping on my scooter.

People start to acknowledge why they see me on the road. Some of them would bring small donation now. It makes me feeling good.
It is after 10 o'clock only but it is already very hot . My lips are getting swollen my face is burning. I put some sun cream on my face. It makes it only worth. My face is in a fire now but I have still 15 kms to go.

I hear some funny sound. What is it? A snake attack? No... just air from my front tyre . I can not believe it. Flat tyre again? . I keep Peter busy indeed. it is 5 time in one week.
I do not wait too long for Peter to arrive with a spare scooter. He seems to be a bit upset. The owner ( maybe a manager) of the camp was under impression that our friend from Melbourne was staying with us in our motorhome. That's why he did not want to return our $ 10 deposit on the key we paid last night.
It did not help when Peter politely advised him that our friend was sleeping in his car outside the camp. He simply did not believe it. If our friend was staying with us we would have paid of course. Simple like that. Apparently he is not a charity. Well. We are and I hope that this money will help him. After all this camp is kept very clean.

It is early evening and we arrived to our destination. Clairview – a beautiful place! We meet John on the beach. When he sees my badly burnt face he does not hesitate a minute to offer me the cream to smooth the pain. There are good people around. No question about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment