Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 8

Day 8 Cairns area

weight: 64

kms a day 27.52

total kms up to a day: 183.8

total kms to go: 4132.2

Iam hopping on the scooter early morning. I have to take it easy. There is nothing else to do just to believe that the car will be repaired today. I will be scootering around Cairns again. It is not important where I do my average. The message about "sparing a dollar a day" is to be delivered to people.


I am stopped by a young couple. They are checking out if I am the person who is scootering down to Melbourne. The young "bloke" is handing out his hand and I firmly grab it. They are wishing me all the best.


There are more kilometres to scoot today. I am circling around the beach. I was scootering here already yesterday. The esplanade is beautiful but it gets a bit boring. I start noticing people. Interesting different characters - guessing who could be local and who is just holidaying...


The gathering crowd gets my attention. It seems there would be some show. Jack, the guy from South Australia is preparing his show. He is going to juggle 3 long knives. He asks 4 volunteers to evenly hold the rope attached to the ladder. Hi climbes up ensuring his balance. Now he is ready to juggle the knives in the air. He travels around Australia with his show, as he tells us. I immediately feel associated to him. At least for another 5 months. The show is over in a few minutes but he still gets 10 bucks from me - just for choosing to be himself. He can not ask for money but can accept it. He is agreeable on his "gilfriend" taking a picture of us.


At 2 PM the great news is delivered to me. Phone rings and Todd from Mitsubishi service is advising me that the car is ready to be picked up. I am turning my "vehicle" into their direction. I have not managed my average but I want to fix the "bill" and get the news to Peter ASAP. He is kindly using our frined's hospitality and is resting in their place. We had a lot of fun here and it is very easy to accept their suggestion to leave in the morning. It is 4.30 pm by now anyway. This decision was easy to make...

No comments:

Post a Comment