Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 15

Day 15 - Mission Beach -Tully - Rollingstone

weight: 63

kms a day: 30.39

total kms up to date: 398.9

total kms to go: 3,917.1

I am waking up after mid-night. What a strange feeling I was not woke by pain. The sky is full of stars. I can clearly see the Southern Cross from my little window. Taking one plug off I can hear the sound of Peters snoring. I am checking on him regularly. I was never very brave as a child and even now I am very reluctant to stay at home alone at night. Maybe that's why I have chosen to live in a flat. You do not have much of a choice in overcrowded Europe but here in Australia?
Peter sleeps in his little tent every night. He reminds me of a little loyal "dog". When I hear him I feel safe. What kind of fear is it I am carrying with me on the journey. Peter calls me a little scary bag. I want to analyse my fear. It has paralysed me for most of my life....I am observing the sky picturing what eternity must look/feel like... what are our problems and fears in comparison to infinity? How many problems are created artificially? We are here and we go..... Anyway it is a lot I need to discover about myself.

I am up after 6 o'clock. I want to catch up on my diary. I am constantly behind. I am getting phone calls if I am still O.K. not much published yet.

Ready to hop on scooter around 10 o'clock. Peter does packing. It is time to move south again.
I have the daily limit done before 3 pm. Nothing has change. First 20 kms are done with enthusiasm but every another one takes for ever. The day off really helped. I do not sore today...Time to dismiss myself from complaining. It does not help anyway, as long as I can manage I will keep going. My grandparents had a little farm, so I am used to hard work...is my thought.

Stopping at the banana farm made me realize what hard work is. 2 men cutting the bunches of banana from the branch with a long knife. I get an ache just thinking of doing it all day.
The only lady working there is directing us to a self-service to make our purchase. 5bananas for just a dollar. I am dropping 4 dollar coins into a little money box choosing 20 beautiful riped bananas. I find it amazing that people still trust each other. These bananas taste fabulous. From now on I will never complain about the banana price.

The permission to film is given to us for our video clip. Both men skilfully managing their knife with the lady weighting and sorting bananas in background. What a discovery. The hand slides through bananas and here it is. How cute... little green frog. It is handed to us. "Maybe it is "elf-struck" prince ... the one you are waiting for" goes Peter. "You might like to kiss it turn it into a handsome prince" is Peter's idea while he hands the frog into my palms. As much as I love fairytales I am not up to this proposal. I better wait for my "prince" a bit longer.
We both laugh at this idea of kissing a frog . I can see Peter is enjoying the holiday and it makes me feeling good.
It is time to find some place to stay. I am hopping in the car. It feels unusual to be off the scooter in the car cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment