Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 12

Day 12 Mourilyan - Tully

weight: 63 kgs

kms a day: 33.26

total kms up to a day: 319.81

total kms to go : 3996,19

Thank you note: Thanks to Chris and Rob, the "guyes" who were camping next to us, for sharing with us some useful ( usef to us) technical advice

I woke up and it is still dark. What a surrise. After yesterday's scootering 35.09 kms in rain I expected my whole body to sore. But it does not at all. It is hard to believe. I only get the itchiness from the mosquitoes bites. It seems that whether you do apply the spray or not you still get bitten. I have to hold myself off not to scratch it more.... It must be before 6 o'clock. The next door neighbours are sleeping under an open tent. I better stay inside, they are too close and I do not want to wake them up.

There is "job" to be done in the car anyway. You never know where you will stay the next day and the short distance we travel does not charge the electronic equipment fully. In my mind I am ticking off what we have already fully charged and what I need to put on charger. Video camera, mobile phones and computer were done last night. The video camera and second camera can get the "juice" now. All chargers are kept in one suite. Peter insists on being organized. I cannot help but agree it makes my job much easier.

Everyone is up by 7 o'clock and I am having my so desired cup of coffee. I still have to import all video material into my computer before I hop on the scooter. ... but Chris is coming to have a bit of chat. He came last night to find out more about our"mission". He seems to be very interested and I also feel a bit of admiration for my effort. I just hope I do not disappoint people who believe in me. I had my crisis yesterday. I keep going... I have to I think...Is my drive because of fearing the embarrassment or the sense to help others??? Maybe both... I have 145 days ahead to find out...

I feel fit. not sore at all. I am ready to fulfill my daily tasks - 31 kms.

Chris came over to have a look at my scooter, I think he cannot get it that an adult is scootering such a long distance. He reads us some statistic from the paper about denque fever... I did not pay much of attention to mosquitoes I better start using the insect spray from now on...

Chris is experienced traveller. It always feels good to share the experience from travelling. He also works in a prison with the shady side of human beings. I postponed my study of psychology because of this project but from next year on I should be back to studies. Our discussion really interests me. Psychology is the science I am really passion about. In a near future I might be also dealing with a grey side of human being.

Still 12 kms behind my schedule. My "plan" is to catch up today.

I removed planning from our daily routine but I am learning to be particular about placing things. It can take you hours to find something. Peter has arranged to find a home for every singel thing. He is very strict and particular and he insists that I put things were they belong. That is something I need to learn. It is a bad habit of mine to leave things as I use them behind...
Everything was found and is in order except for the manual of the speedometer for my second scooter. I have a " fancy" scooter imported from the Czech republic, Mibo company, but I am still scootering on my old one. I want to set the speedometer up properly but I placed the manual in a really, really safely place.. and since... I have spent hours looking for. It remains not found property... I am giving up on it... It will turn up one day...

Push push push.. I am on the road again. I feel somehow lighter and it is not because I lost 4 kilograms already. The stress, fears, uncertainty I felt at the beginning are diminishing with every kilometre I am on the road. I am still 12 kms behind my schedule. I hope to cath up. In the worst scenario I will scoot on my day off.

I am meeteng Peter on my 16 kms and oppss.... there is another a loooooooooooooooooooong snake on the road. I see dead one's every day. This is the first one alive..

I am meeting Peter in Mourilyan pub next. He wants to get some beer for our long evenings. It gets dark before 7 PM. The owner of the local pub is an Italian lady. She used to live in Tassie and we start chatting about the beauty of living in Tasmania. She is amazed with my journey and we get a bottle of a whine as a present. It will come in handy when I have a day off..

Tonight we found another beautiful spot - Mission beach... and we get a bit of rain again tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment