Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 6

Weight: 64

Kms a day: nil

Total kms up to a day: 126.28

Total kms to go: 4189.72

Jan ( Milada's husband) is taking me to the Mercedes showroom. I have both keys and I am asking them to check the code. The locksmith in Cairns managed to swap the chip into a new key a day before. I am advised that they cannot do anything if the car is not present. Hearing this I think I am going to faint. How are we going to get the car here?


Jan is driving me back to Gordonvale. I am arranging for RACQ assistance. RACQ arrives within 45 minutes but there is nothing to be done. The car has to be towed to Cairns. RACQ would arrange for it.


The tow service is dropping us and the car in Cairns at about 3'oclock. The car is left with Todd from Mitsubishi service. We are asked to come back in 2 hours to get the verdict.

We are back earlier, impatiently waiting to find out where is the problem.


They do not know yeat but it seems that the problem is a motor starter. We are given a few options the most optimistic one is that we would be waiting for 2 days the less optimistic is that we would have to wait for 11 days. I am explaining my mission and my schedule and am assured that they do their best.


Todd is suggesting that I have a couple of drings and in the morning he would let me know the final verdict. His foreman would be staying back tonight to diagnose the problem.


We are stunned. Packing a few things while discussing where to stay. The phone rings - it is Milada, she wants to check out how we are going. We quickly fill her in and she is suggesting she will pick us up. We can stay in their house until the car is repaired. These good people are our angels....

My emotional state: I am drained. It was the last thing I expected - to have a problem with the car. ... but you never know what every day brings. I have to accept that things simply happen and we need to sort thm out as it comes...

I am learning to live now.. not to go back and not to think in the future... there is simply no time for that....

No comments:

Post a Comment