Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 10

Day 10 - between Babinda - Etty Bay



weight 63.5



kms a day: 36.89



total kms up to a day: 251.46



total kms to go : 4064.54

It's n6 o'clock and I am up. My planned routine from my office chair in Melbourne to get up , meditate after yoga does not work here. We had to camp on a little strip of the land beside the main noisy road. Sometime we have to rely on people's generosity to let us stay on their private property. It is not easy to always find camp when I finish my scootering and people often let us to stay on their private land.

I find people in Queensland very generous and so far we had only a little incident in parking our car on someone elses property. Most of the time people do not mind and let us o stay overnight. We make sure that we leave the place nice and tidy behind us.

I am getting phone calls that there is no post on my blog. I know that I shoud post some to keep my friend up to date but after I finish with my scootering for a day I am so tired that I just want to rest. This afternoon I promised myself to complete all 10 days and also post it. It will stay a promise as there is no serious planning on this trip. But I like to achieve what I set myself to do. It makes me enormously nervous when I fall behind.

I am passing the little self-served banana store. It is amazing to find out that people still trust each other. A lot of bananas, scale and a little box you throw money in to pay for your banana purchase. I feel so good about it. We still trust each other!!!

But I do not have much change except for one banana. The victorian couple is just parking their car aside the road. I am exchanging my 10 dollar note I am carrying on me everyday for their washing change. Yum, banana up here are so tasty and I did not eat anything since morning yet.
I eat 2 at once.

I am on my 20th kilometres when pasisng the sign Betty bay camp. It would be great to stay there. I have at least 10 more kms to scoot but we can come back. I will introduce this idea to Peter later on when I meet him on my last kilometre.

It does not take me too long to convince him. He is turning the car back and I am scootering behind him. He will wait for me at the camp.

I have not arrived to the camp yet but Peter is driving back to me. Is the camp again fully booked out?? Is my first thought. I get worried again. I just want to rest now.... and if we are off power again how d I manage to catch up with my diary? But Peter is juping out of the car smiling. I like his smile, it is sign that he is happy. "The camp there is one of the most beautiful places i have ever seen " he says. ... and he is right. The place is a tranquil paradise and we immidiately decide to stay one more night. It is late afternoon and I do some catching up with my diary. Now I can reward myself. I have a glass of beer::))

The sky is full of stars and I am quietly dissoved in the tranquil evening. My wish is to manage another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment