Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 3

Day 3 - Port Douglas - Ellis beach

Weight: 65

Kms a day: 24.75

Total kms up to a day: 107

Total kms to go: 4291.25


Physical state: I am picking up and getting into good form. The only bother is my mosquitoes bites and sun burns. I have to make sure that I apply the repellent and the sun screen on the exposed parts of my body.


Emotional state: I wonder when I shake off the stress. It still feels like a jelly stuck on my body.


It was an easy day today. It is the last day of Maria's holiday, she is flying back to melbourne at mid-day. We have to drop her off at the airport before 12 o'clock. I do all my scootering before we drive to Cairns. I am leaving Maria and Peter behind in Port Douglas and am heading south. They will pick me up on the way when they are read and packed.


I hope that it was a good holiday for Maria and that she recovers. She is dazzling now. No more sadness in her eyes. I hope that from now on she will pick up on life again.


I am picked up after my 24.75 kms. It seems that it is it for today. After we farewell Maria we need to do our shopping. I want to buy a small camera so that I can capture all the "road findings". The semi-professional Olympus I bought for this journey is not very practical on the road.


We are advised that the flight is to be closed shortly. Her name keeps being announced while we running to the gate. The last quik hug and she is gone. I will miss her... I think.


It is time to do some shopping and find some place to stay. The place we found is on Ellis beach - and it is again a beautiful one... the wind blows strongly... people are enjoying their holiday and we are starting to clean the "white horse".

No comments:

Post a Comment