Thursday, July 15, 2010

day 13

Day 13 Tully - Mission Beach

weight 63 kgs

kms a day: 35

total kms up to a day: 354.81

total kms to do: 3961.19


My whole body is in fire. It wakes me up in the middle of the night. I feel every muscle of my body. The sky is full of stars. It might be a beautiful day tomorrow. I am reaching out for the mobile phone to check the time. 1 am. I am turning myself from one side to another to find some comfort. It does not help much. The pain I expected yesterday morning is here now. Maybe I cursed myself?? I cannot fall asleep hopefully some pain killer will help. I had a phone call yesterday from one of my supporter I met in Port Douglas. He sees me as a champion. Hmmmmm... I wish I could see me the same way.

I am getting myself out of bed before 7. Preparing a cup of coffee seems to go for ever. I am quietly staring at the sea. I do not want to talk. Peter tolerantly look at me with mercy. He is not very impressed with my project. He keeps telling me that I should have gone for a holiday not of wearing and tearing my body on scooter. He can't be "more encouraging"now ... but then he is a first man who treats me like a princess. He looks after me like a good fathers...

Kms on my today's plate = 35.7 . Time - a few minutes past 9 am. I better go to prepare myself for this calling.

I am circling through Tully town. This town is unusual, very different I am attempting to place my leaflets around. They are accepting it in visitor centres - "all the best on your journey" the lady in the newsagency has to ask her boss if she can display it up. I am passing a take away place - it is always worth asking - the lady says no before I have a chance to open my mouth to explain anything. It is O.K. - I am not going to force anyone. This trip should be about a smooth flow...

Scootering from the Tully town to the Mission beach takes me forever. It is mostly uphill. I am counting every kilometre I do... dreaming of my day off tomorrow. I only have to make up the 12 kms ( behind schedule).

Push pus push... am I going to enjoy this journey too?? I have to easy on my sense for responsibility. I am realizing how much physical energy I am putting into it. How easy it was telling people about scootering 4300 kms from my office chair. I felt like a champion then. It makes me laughing. The ego is a strange aspect of a human being. Today I just want to finish it with a hope that people will notice me and donate money for this cause. After all it is about children... not me...I am only an agent delivering the message.

I am stopping at the tree with gumboots hanging of the branches all around the tree. Good picture to show queenslander's humour, there would be more interesting pictures to take before I reach Mission beach. I am glad I bought a little camera in Cairns.

I am creating titles for these photos in my mind, easing the concentration on each km I push through. 34 kms on the speedometer. Hooray I am allowed to rest... it feels so good... there is only 143 days to go..

Sipping a glass of wine I am staring into the universe contemplating about human beings, why do we set ourselves up to overcome our limites... am I going to succeed???

No comments:

Post a Comment