Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 7

Day 7 - scootering around Cairns

Weight 64 kgs
kms a day: 30
total kms up to a day: 156.28
total kms to go: 4159.72



Jan is dropping us off a MItsubishi repair on Mulgrave road and the diagnoses is rather optimistic. The part will be delivered next day morning from NSW and the car could be fixed the same day. What a relief. The cost of repair also shrank from originally mentioned $ 2500 to about $ 800.


I am ignoring Peter's negarive comments. "There is no way they can fix it by tomorrow"he says. He calls himself well informed optimist. I have to choose selective deafness this time. I do not want to be influenced by his pessimism. It could be part of my self-discovery to learn to be focused no matter what is happening around & stop listening to anyone's discouragement.


My optimism is arising again and now I have to think where to achieve 30 or s kms a day. I cannot get behind. If I am scootering around Cairns and in the city I have a chance to place my leaflets in information centres. After all I am a messenger on a mission. I need to reach out to people.


I am scootering throughtout the city from one info centre to another... to be on news on channel 7 last night helps a lot. The leaflet is accepted and people are wishing a good luck. Some of them have read about this journey in the paper. I gave an interview for the Cairns Sun but when it was published we were in the outback. I did not have a chance to get this edition.


Cruising around Cairns adds to my daily limit at about 3 PM. Time to go back to our rescurer's house. I am coming back with good news... the car will be fixed tomorrow... we might be leaving the next day...

No comments:

Post a Comment