Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 20

Day 20 (Giru) - Ayer - Alva beach

weight: 63 kgs

kms a day: 39.31

total kms up to date: 560.4

total kms to go: 3,755.6


7.45 and I am on my scooter again. There is too much I want to think about. I take a chance to be alone, just myself, scooter and my thoughts.

I am missing my morning meditation. I used to have an hour of quite time when I was back in Melbourne. Now when I get up, Peter is awake ready to make a cuppa. And then we talk. I need quiet time and I have to ask for it. We sit quietly but it feels unnatural. So I better hop on scooter.

Time to move on but we had good time in Giru. It was announced the most friendly town of north Queensland in 2006. It is very friendly in 2010 too.

Yesterday we spent a couple of hours with George. He is a bushman. All his possessions include 2 tents, one cute dog and a lot of memories. The camping ground in Giru is his home right now. He dreams to move to Kimberley. " I had all materialistic toys in my life" he says " it never made me happy" and he continue... "I had my ups and downs but that is what the life is about". "We, human want those ups only". And he is telling me more about his life " I had my downs but it does not matter, I am still happy, I just accept what life brings every day".
Oh George, I have so much to learn from your words.

I would be thinking of Georges' words.. The freedom that's what he understands. I want to understand it too. I want to experience it but I want to hear about it.. at least for now.

...I am squeezing the brakes firmly. The snake just centimetres ahead of me. I nearly drove him over. The brake stops the scooter nearly on the spot. It throws my feet on the road forcing me to do a few loud steps then I can fully stop.
With a rocket speed snakes disappears in the bush aside the road. My heart beats fast but I wish I took a picture. It was all so quick. Not too sure who was frightened more me or the snake?

No comments:

Post a Comment