Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 11

Day 11 Etty bay - Mourilyan and around


weight 63.5

kms a day: 35.09

total kms up to day: 286.55

total kms to go: 4,029.45

I am getting up before 7 o'clock. My "duty" for the day is to finish off my writting before I hop on my scooter. I still get a bit stressed about it. Actually there are more "things" I get stressed about. It is something I have to think "through". But later on... when I am on the road. There would be enought time to consider... to look at each of my feeling(s). Now I better write. My friend rang me last night to find out if I am still alive. No postings on my blog yet. Yes, I know. "I try to do my best" is my answer!! Actually do I??? Do I do my real best??? Maybe the fear and my stress are bloking me from a free flow?
Everything is so different to what I planned. Would we be able to create some daily routine? I keep asking. Maybe yes, maybe not. You never know in the morning what is there for you for the day.
A quick look at my itinerary - 35.9 kms on my plate for today. What a luxury we have a power. I can switch my computer on thought no reception to use internet here.
I need to wake up. Hopefully a cuppa will help. I shake the matches. The sound wakes Peter up.
He is on his duty now. He is a great mate to travel with - always on duty::)) and he loves cooking too. I am not alowed to touch his coleman stove ayway. You need to have a special licence::)) to use it, he told me once. I sit quietly, waiting and my body sore.

Our camp neighbours from Victoria are packing to leave. The are wishing me a good luck, donating $ 20. Peter is taking a video shot for our video diary but it did not seem to work out. I have to take it easy. He repets to tell me that he does not have a film faculty... filming is just his hobby. His father was an artist ( painter) .Peter has a passion for his Leica and Rollei camera. He was brought up with the camera around his neck. I have a confidence in him...

It starts drizzling so I better take off to manage my daily limit. Before I get myself ready the rain increases its volume. I was scootering in light rain for last two days but today it is time to put on my cortex suite I bought for this journey. I am dressing myself up with a wish I could rest. After all it is Sunday today. I am already behind my schedule by 12 kms.

Push, push, push... I am pushing the scooter up hill in continuing rain. The road is wet and my feet are sliding backwards. Today's 35 kms will cost me double energy. I am somehow managing my first 20 kms. How am I going to scoot another 15 I do not know. I am trying to amuse my mind... I start counting how many pushes I do.... it is 196 pushes per 1 km on a flat terrain and about 237 slightly up hill. It will be, on average, 934 414 pushes ( counting later with my calculator::)) when I complete this journey. Sounds like a lot. The rain stops for a while and then starts again. By the time I finish I am completely wet and sweat. I am done for today and really really tired. Peter is filming my comeback today.... it is still 146 days to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment