Thursday, July 15, 2010

Arriving to Cairns June 26

I waved good bye to my friend in Melbourn on 26th of June to fly up to Cairns to start my journey in North Queensland on the 1st of July. My friends Peter and Maria took 2 weeks off early to drive the support vehicle up to Cairns. I expect to meet them at the airport and to my surprise there was no sign of them on my arrival. I walked out from the plane at 7.30 PM extremely tired. My brain was in full "speed" to plan arrange and organize everything to capture everything... now I feel exhausted... how am i going to manage scootering I do not know...

I am resting at the airport, in hindsight I am just surprised how much of my and my friends time was spent on this project. I am surfing through the "files" in my head. You do not know until you really start doing it... would I still go ahead if I knew??

Finally they arrived... I am relieved as my scooter package weights nearly 20 kgs and my "office" luggage about 14. They are helping me to the car offering me a drink. I really need that!!! ... and I just want to sleep.

Once we load everything into the car we take off.. the car I bought for this journey was design to carry 6 people. We have so much stuff that it can hardly accommodate 1. It looks like a storage place but we have to manage somehow until Maria flies back to Melbourne.

We need to drive another 67 kms to find a reasonable spot to stay overnight... I am getting myself of into "bed" immediately as I am already half a sleep... oopss... I have a camping table under my legs. Well... I already had to accept the fact that there is not much space in the car so I am pushing the spare blanket under my legs and to cover the camping table... and I am in a dream world from now on...

No comments:

Post a Comment